Tuesday, June 15, 2010

heart you !


It is absolutely essential to make time for yourself every day. Time to think, write, meditate, read a stimulating book, do anything that brings you back to centre. When we don’t spend time with ourselves, it throws us off track. It prevents creativity, decreases energy levels and self-confidence.

I am a little bit guilty of this I must admit! So much is always going on – devoting attention to friends, lover, kittens, work… Hence forgetting about myself! Oops! The outcome of that is that I feel less inspired and motivated from the lack of reflection/creative time. Whereas if I had taken the time to finish that book I was reading, complete that drawing, or meditate I would have finished off the day feeling even more accomplished, energized and grateful.

Even if you can only give 30 minutes a day to yourself its enough, here are some ideas of how to spend your free time:

  • Write in a journal -- I suggest actually writing rather than typing on to an online journal. The act of writing all of your thoughts furiously onto paper, feels much more releasing. Truly.
  • Have a bubble bath -- with loads of bubbles, candles, music, incense.. Ahh blissss
  • Reading -- make sure its something stimulating. Something that makes you stop, think, ponder, feel. I love philosophy and self-help books. But fiction can help to brighten your imagination and biography’s can inspire.
  • Meditating
  • Scrapbook -- create a dream book. No limits, just your absolute dreams in every aspect of your life – dream wardrobe, dream career, dream health regime, dream home, your dream things to do that you adore! (I have mentioned this before but it deserves a second mention - I heart it so much!). Looking back on this in 10 years time will be crazy!
  • Take a walk by yourself or with your dog.
  • Writing poetry - writing poetry is a huge mental release, and it isn’t as complicated as you may think it is. Unlock your emotions, give it a try, you cant get it wrong.
  • Exercise -- yoga is fantastic, especially Bikram Yoga
  • Facial + mani/pedi + massage from Me Salon – no explanation needed!
  • Learn something new - language, religion, culture, instrument, dance move!

And those are just a few examples! There are so many other ways of spending raw, real, rewarding (RRR) time with yourself! Let me know how you spend your time

X

mk

x